Hello my friends!! I found the list of 20 bookish questions and I thought it would be fun to the list. I love reading and doing these because I feel like you learn so much about the blogger.
1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
Probably a picture book called Owl Babies. It was my favorite when I was little and I made my mom read it to me all the time.
2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
My current read is The Cuckoo’s Calling, my last read was Song of Summer, and my next read is The Silkworm.
3. What book did everyone like and you hated?
Twilight series for sure. They’re not good. They’re kind of creepy. My mom didn’t want me to read them because of the unhealthy relationship of Edward and Bella.
4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
I honestly can’t think of one. I usually follow through on these things.
5. Which book are you saving for “retirement?”
Les Miserables. I own it but I just don’t have that kind of commitment to sorrow right now.
6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
Wait till the end. I hate myself any times I look. It ruins all the suspense and fun.
7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
I really like them. I think it’s interesting to see who the author thought was important enough to mention.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Probably Diana Bishop from the All Souls Trilogy. Who wouldn’t want to be a witch with a hot vampire boyfriend/husband?
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
Gone With The Wind reminds me of my best friend in high school because that’s how we bonded. She’s currently living in Scotland training to be an opera singer so I haven’t seen her in 2 years.
10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
I got City of Bones as a joke from a friend because she thought it was a Harry Potter rip off. The first book kind of is though.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
All the time. I love giving thoughtful books to friends.
12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
Inkheart probably has. There’s a line in there about how traveling with books makes them thicker and you remember more things when you read the book. It’s very true.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad ten years later?
Well it hasn’t been ten years since I’ve been in high school but The Great Gatsby really grew on me. I hated it when I had to read it but then I read it for fun and loved it.
14. What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
I think it was a breakup note in a library book.
15. Used or brand new?
I like both. Used when I’m not looking for anything special or for school. New when it’s a book I really want.
16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
Both. I actually worry about him. I mean is he okay with all that horror in his brain?
17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
Yep. I hate Atonment the book because I think the author is a pretentious asshole. The movie had the excellent story minus the pretension.
18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?
Eragon was so bad. Like it hurts to think about how bad it was. The only good thing to come out of that movie was Jeremy Irons
19. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?
Harry Potter when there are feast scenes. How are those kids not fat?
20. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
My mom always knows what I will like and always has. I think I trust the book blogging community as well.
So that’s all for this post. If you all want to do these too I’d love to see your answers.